Old November 16th 08, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

In message ,
writes
In article
,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On 11 Nov, 21:46, Mizter T wrote:

Disagree most strongly in the case of London, although absolutely
acknowledge that fellow fellow passengers are capable of making
journeys distressing.

IMO, the Tube, especially the deep Tube, is a distress purchase in
central London. The bus is by far the most civilised way to get
around, offering a seat, a view and (if not on a Travelcard) a cheaper
fare as well. The only real downside is the lower speed.

I don't agree at all. I much prefer tube and other trains if the option is
available.

I have a bad back and I prefer Tube & Train every time. A Bus is only
ever as good as it's driver, and sadly many seem poorly trained these
days and seem to get their ideas on driving from Top Gear :-)

Plus of course so many councils seem to have put speed bumps on bus
routes. Now that really does help my back !!

--
Edward Cowling "It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you"