Old November 16th 08, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

In message , RobWilton
writes
----
I'm not suprised black cabs refuse to pick up fairs especially at
night,last night in Goodge street I witnessed two drunken stoned
"slags"trying to flag down a cab while one of them was actually ****ing
in the street when one cab refused they shouted "****" at him & gave
the ****** sign, I cannot think of a more dangerous & unpleasant way of
making a crust then driving a cab I would rather be a street begger
then do that job.

Goes with the territory but you quickly learn how to size up the
situation. Hard to explain but any cab driver will know what I mean.

It's always a judgement call. Sometimes I can see some 'undesirable'
nearby and wrongly assume that they are with the person flagging the
taxi. In those cases I just drive straight past and I'm sure the flagger
will think I'm just being bloody minded as s/he can't see the whole
picture.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England