Old November 16th 08, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

In message ,
writes
"RobWilton" wrote in message

I'm not suprised black cabs refuse to pick up fairs especially at
night,last night in Goodge street I witnessed two drunken stoned
"slags"trying to flag down a cab while one of them was actually ****ing in
the street when one cab refused they shouted "****" at him & gave the
****** sign, I cannot think of a more dangerous & unpleasant way of making
a crust then driving a cab I would rather be a street begger then do that
job.

Many cab drivers tell me that they refuse to pick up groups of young women,
particularly on a Friday or Saturday night, as they can be verbally abusive
and just as physically abusive as men.

Very often *more* abusive and whereas you can give a bit of verbal back
to a group of men it's absolutely impossible with women as they will
immediately complain, even when they are at fault.

Years ago taxi drivers would usually pick up a woman on her own first to
make sue she was taken home safely. Now they would be the last to be
taken, particularly late at night when they are going a longer distance,
tired and drunk - can you imagine the uproar if they fall asleep and you
try to wake them up! At least with a man you can usually wake them by
shaking as a very last resort!

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England