Old November 16th 08, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

In message ,
writes
"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message

I've never used a Private Hire service. I strongly approve of the quality
of the service offered by London's taxis. I much prefer a black cab to the
green and white saloons used by most Brighton taxis.

Some of the drivers of black cabs can leave a great deal to be desired, as
I'm sure that many on this group could tell you.

I can't argue with that. The same is true for every occupation. Trouble
is the bad ones will always get the publicity. I doubt if there are many
on this group who know about the weekend outing to Disneyland with 100
taxis which took place in October all at no cost to the disabled and
disadvantaged kids and their carers. If just one taxi driver says or
does something that upsets someone then there is often a great furore.
Unfortunately life just isn't balanced.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England