Old November 16th 08, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

wrote ...
I have noticed on several occasions that drivers seem to slam the brakes
way too hard, particularly on double deckers as people are coming down the
stairs.

I doubt the two are connected.

There are (of course), some bad drivers, but most of the excessive breaking
is due to other road users not seeing a large moving object. Cyclists and
pedestrians do their share, but I never fail to be amazed at the sheer bad
manners of car drivers coming out of side roads - or changing lanes -
knowing that the bus driver has good brakes - and has to use them.

I either read a book on a bus - or sit at the front upstairs and pretend to
be a tourist; I see idiots in front of the bus on a daily basis.
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.
It is the only instrument capable