Old November 16th 08, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

Mike Hughes wrote:
In message , Vec Est. 2003
writes

London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services

The book on a taxi trip to the airport from Gatwick to Heathrow from
Stansted; from Luton to Gatwick. Transfers cheap shuttle/bus to
London Airports. Online booking available. Book a trip
air-conditioned car service in London with a qualified guide city of
London Gatwick, or just check the online arrivals with travel and
family visits to London and tourist attractions, hotels in London.
London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services provide comprehensive solution
and ultimate transport to Heathrow.

There are several indicators that this is not all they would have you
believe.

First of all this appears to be a Private Hire (minicab) service and
not taxis. The way that they present themselves is also illegal as
they are not allowed to suggest that they are a *taxi* service.

Last night I mailed the contact address given on their site to ask what
their operator's licence number was, as I couldn't find it in the PCO
database. They replied today to say that they are in the process of
obtaining the licence from the PCO, and until they get it they can't accept
direct bookings. But they'll try to help anyone individually by passing
them on to a suitable licensed operator.

So why did the OP start this thread at all, and why did he say "online
booking available"? The online booking page now says in large red letters
"Quick Quote & Booking System is temporarily offline. Sorry for any
inconvenience caused." Does anyone know if it said that yesterday before I
wrote to them?
--
Richard J.