Old November 16th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message

Very often *more* abusive and whereas you can give a bit of verbal back to
a group of men it's absolutely impossible with women as they will
immediately complain, even when they are at fault.

I actually heard that hte concern is that they can go ballistic, rather than
complain.

Years ago taxi drivers would usually pick up a woman on her own first to
make sue she was taken home safely. Now they would be the last to be
taken, particularly late at night when they are going a longer distance,
tired and drunk - can you imagine the uproar if they fall asleep and you
try to wake them up! At least with a man you can usually wake them by
shaking as a very last resort!

One cabbie told me that he had to ask the police to wake up a female
passenger for him. When the male officer did that, however, she started to
swear at him.