Old November 16th 08, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Gatwick Airport Taxi Services [OT]

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
(Walter Briscoe) wrote:

I much prefer a black
cab to the green and white saloons used by most Brighton taxis.

Others prefer saloons as easier to get into, my mother for example, a
typical older person who has difficulty with the high step into black
cabs.

Black cabs have a removable step and a fold-out ramp which the
driver will use if asked.

Not offered to my mother at Earl's Court the other day. Doesn't resolve
the problem that you can't place feet onto the pavement while still
sitting on a seat.

--
Colin Rosenstiel