Old November 17th 08, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 01:58:03PM +0000, Richard wrote:

German announcements are more verbose, yes. But I still say stick
with just the stop name, for me extra words don't add anything.

They add "hey, listen up, there's some important words coming along in a
sec". That why I prefer "the next train to Brighton will leave from
platform 94 at 12:34 ..." to "platform 94 for the 12:34 to Brighton
...." - because by the time I've heard the magic word "Brighton" and
realised that maybe I should be listening, the important information has
been and gone with the latter.

You don't need to spam good porn