Old November 17th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 03:42:07PM +0000, James Farrar wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:19:17 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:
The number of residents it would **** off would far outnumber the number
of blind people in the entire country, never mind the fraction of them
who would use the bus. In this case, I'm inclined to say "**** the
blind".

Sadly, the DDA gets in the way of that attitude.

I'm rather deaf (a disability), and deafness is exacerbated by background
noise - it makes it much harder to pick useful noises (like the person
sitting next to you trying to have a conversation) out of the background
noise. Given all the Yoof who seem to delight in blowing their ears
apart with doof-doof "music", I'm sure we could make a case that more
poor victimised disabled people would be disadvantaged than advantaged.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Fashion label: n: a liferaft for personalities
which lack intrinsic buoyancy