Old November 17th 08, 12:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Thameslink KO0 at Kentish Town

On 17 Nov, 12:52, D7666 wrote:
... but my point is not whether or not the service level is adequate
for that station, but about the effect one short platform station has
on the central core capacity.

All of the 8 car trains in the RUS are coming from Elephant, and I'm
assuming there are lots of stations in that direction that only have 8
car platforms. Since there isn't capacity at Blackfriars to not run at
least some of these 8 car trains through the Thameslink core, that
means even if Kentish Town were extended, Thameslink would still have
8 car trains.