Old November 18th 08, 11:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thameslink KO0 at Kentish Town

On Nov 18, 11:31 am, "David A Stocks" wrote:

The 377s that will be running interim services have GPS-based SDO, and ISTR
reading somewhere that it was having to be specially adapted for the
Thameslink route.

eRRR why ?

Nowhere on any current Thameslink route nor on any of those from March
2009 is there any SDO because all stations are already 8-car.

The exception to prove the rule is Barbican Up which in modern terms
is a 7car platform but there is a narrow platform edge there for the
8th car - 319s doors are released and you could get out despite the DO
NOT ALIGHT HERE signs. (Pedants - Barbican Down is irrelevant as
nothing stops there.) There is no need to cater for SDO 377s at
Barbican since it closes weekend March 1/2 or March 21/22 depending
which document you decide to read or believe. 377/5s should only just
be all in traffic by then and that would be a sheer waste of resource
setting up commissioing testing approving and running SDO 377s to
Moorgate.

12car trains won't come in for a long long time and AIUI 377s will be
gone from TL routes by then.

Thus I can't see what SDO mod a 377/5 needs ... except may to suppress
the function ?

GPS might need a mod for PIS ... I suppose we are going to have the
infernal auto-PA. At least 319s are PA-free.

So what have I missed )

--
Nick