Old December 5th 03, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default The possible 'lager' strikes

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Certain questions spring to mind:

1) Were they the only holders of keys to the room?

2) Were any of the cans / bottles finger-print tested?

3) Why, despite passing drugs and alcohol tests (those that took them) where
they disciplined over this

4) Why wern't they all drug and alcohol tested?

If this disciplinary action stands, does that mean the presence of alcohol
anywhere on "the underground" mean the local staff can be disciplined
because of it? If I was working at a station and noticed a bottle of vodka
on the platform edge and removed it, placing it somewhere safer, for
example, my desk, and before I could put it in the bin a manager walks in,
would I be disciplined? If, on my way to work, I find a rucksack full of
cider (as I have previously done) and bring it into my office to book it up
as lost property but my manager is standing there, will I be disciplined?