Old November 18th 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Out of Station TfL interchanges

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Walter Briscoe wrote:

In message of Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:56:35
in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe writes
In message of Mon, 22 Sep 2008
10:27:13 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes
In message
of Sun,
21 Sep 2008 15:57:13 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes
[snip]
(And I'm pretty sure that Marylebone NR and Baker Street LU are tied
together as being a valid OOSI, and I think this is also the case with
regards to Fenchurch Street NR and Tower Hill LU - though annoyingly
Paddington NR and Lancaster Gate LU is not an OOSI.)

Both true. As is Euston Square and Euston but not ES and Warren Street.
I've just been through to LU customer services and got one of the more
helpful members of their staff. They will try to assemble a list of those
interchanges. If they do, I will forward here.

They've just followed up to ask me to couch my request for information as a
Freedom of Information Act request. Heigh Ho!

They answered me, yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't copy the data un the
answer as they put the following in the reply: "Brief extracts of the
material may be reproduced under the fair dealing provisions of the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1998". I think they mistakenly refer to
the 1988 Act, but know nothing and may be wrong.

I imagine you're right. But: whilst they have copyright over the text of
the document, that doesn't cover the information within it - copyright is
over expressions, not ideas. Over the information, they (may) have a
database right, which stems from a bit of legislation that amended CDPA
1988, and did indeed come into force in 1998:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1997/19973032.htm

Which is all a bit mental and one of the bits of IP law i really don't
understand.

tom

--
Whose house? Run's house!