Old November 19th 08, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

On 19 Nov, 14:14, wrote:
Yet another Oyster question (which will hopefully make sense, as I
know my subject line isn't clear!).

Suppose I've been using Oyster PAYG and have hit the daily cap. I then
decide to leave London by train from Liverpool St to, say, Harlow
Town. That rail journey is £9.40. But in theory, I can use Oyster PAYG
between Liverpool St and Tottenham Hale, then a rail ticket from there
to Harlow (£7.10). I can buy that rail ticket at Liverpool St if I'm
particularly keen.

But is there any way of doing this without having to get off the train
at Tottenham Hale and touch out on the Oyster? Otherwise I'll have an
unresolved journey, won't I?

Sam

It's a general problem which is going to get worse as PAYG is
extended, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in resolving it
(eg readers on trains, extension tickets at Oyster prices etc).

In this case, the difference is probably 30p for most of the day
though.