Old November 19th 08, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

On 19 Nov, 17:07, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 19 Nov, 16:37, wrote:

I did wonder whether I could touch-in at the Liverpool St gatelines,
and then just leave the journey unresolved as it was the last journey
I intended to make that day.

You get charged £4 when you touch in, even if you've already reached
your cap. This gets reverted to zero when you touch out. The
intermediate validator trick works because it refunds the £4 without
marking you as having touched out.

The way to do it on your journey would be to take the Central Line to
Stratford, touch one of the validators on the platform and take the
direct Stratford-Stansted service to Harlow. You will be defrauding
NXEA of the Stratford-Tottenham fare, of course.

It shouldn't be anything to do with fraud. It ought to be possible to
get the appropriate fare without doing ridiculous things like getting
off during the journey, particularly if the service is infrequent.
This is only going to get worse and I don't understand why it isn't
being addressed.