Old November 21st 08, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On 21 Nov, 14:41, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote :

I missed one, incidentally , in the form of taxis. *Taxis should not
be allowed to stop in bus lanes, IMO, as they cause both danger and
delay by doing so.

But not a lot.
Once the taxi moves, the bus then moves forward twenty yards, in most cases.
But I do think that taxis should not be allowed to stop at bus stops, which
can prevent access or departure.
Not that there's a law in the world that will stop a taxi driver stopping
for a fare, even a fare stupid enough to flag down a taxi at a bus stop, and
make no move away from it.
And it would be totally unenforceable.
--

Whatever I might have thought, experience makes me prefer the taxi to
stop in the bus lane. It's less hazardous than people running across