Old November 22nd 08, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:25:44 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:

When I use a taxi, I don't want to have to find the nearest taxi layby
and wait there until an available taxi just happens to go past, I want
to walk to the nearest place that I know lots of taxis drive past, hail
one, and jump in with the taxi stopping for maybe all of 20 seconds.
Unless you have literally thousands of those laybys all over central
London your plan will do an awful lot of damage to our very good and
useful taxi infrastructure.

This part does, admittedly, show a bit of personal bias in that I more
or less never use taxis unless there is no other option, which in
central London is basically never.

It's worth noting that Singapore does have "taxi stops" of this
nature, though.

Neil

--
Neil Williams