Old December 5th 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Is it just me or has the tube gone down the tubes?

Robin May wrote in message .1.4...
(Niklas Karlsson) wrote the following in:

In article , only meee
wrote:

Once boarded a "First train" early in the morn and went just two
stops and noticed where the only other person had sat was a fresh
Banana skin after he alighted - left for the cleaners and other
passengers. and that was about 5.30AM.
Most people see the tube trains as a dumping ground as well as a
moving restaurant (19 hrs a day)

Is there anything stopping LU from putting a few bins in the
carriages?

Yes. Terrorism.

As we have seen recently terrorists are more likely to blow themselves up
with a bomb in their coats than bother to hide one in a bin. This terrorism
excuse might have been valid back in the 70s and 80s when the IRA were doing
their stuff in london but it seems to me than nowadays its just used as an
excuse to save money not having bins and paying people to empty them. You can
hardly blame people for dropping stuff if they can't even find a bin in a
station these days never mind on a train.

B2003