Old November 23rd 08, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

On 23 Nov, 22:18, Mizter T wrote:
You say "it's no longer on the table" but then "If it does happen
[...]". I've no desire to get into tortured metaphors about what
constitutes whether something is on or off the table, I'm just
interested in where things stand on this idea.

In 2010/11-ish, they'll have finished the East London Line to Highbury
and the various other upgrading of the NLL and WLL, and they'll be
introducing a new service pattern. If you digging online you'll find
letters between TfL and the DfT (or SRA or whoever it was) from a few
years back, arguing over what the service pattern should be. TfL were
actively pushing for the Bakerloo to Watford plan at this time. So it
*was* a near term ambition at one point.

If you look at what they've since applied for permission to run, it
looks like this:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...e-upgrade.html

i.e. No changes to the Watford service.