Old November 24th 08, 06:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

Andrew Heenan wrote:
"tim....." wrote :
Auto means auto. I don't see the problem.

Assuming you are referring to the bit that you left, he is saying
that it is only possible to "initiate" your top up by visiting a
tube station and actually making a TUBE journey, something which not
everybody will want to do.

If you don't want to travel, why, for God's sake, would you want to
top-up your oyster, auto, manually or any other way?
It simply does not make sense.

IIRC when you ask for the auto top-up facility on your card and specify a
tube station, they give you a limited time (a few days) to touch in at that
station, otherwise you have to reapply. So you might well have to initiate
without wanting to travel that day.
--
Richard J.