Old November 24th 08, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In message , at 18:06:10
on Sun, 23 Nov 2008, remarked:
But it's pretty well the only option if you live in the USA. Most such
people just get ripped off with cash pares or Heathrow Excess instead,

Heathrow Express is cheaper than a taxi. That's all it's supposed to
achieve. There should be more effort made to sell people pre-topped-up
Oyster cards at the airport, however.

If you are regular visitor, then an unused Oyster balance is down in the
noise level (a typical cheap transatlantic fare is £500). I've got a few
Euros balance on my Brussels "cardboard carnet", it's just part of the
cost of doing business.