Old November 24th 08, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In message
, at
15:00:59 on Sun, 23 Nov 2008, MIG
remarked:
he is saying that it is only possible to "initiate" your top up by
visiting a tube station and actually making a TUBE journey, something
which not everybody will want to do.

pedant Or a DLR journey /pedant

Actually not. When I was offered a £4 refund (see my reply to Mr
Thant) I was told that I had to nominate a station. I could fairly
easily reach a number of DLR stations, but not an LU station. But I
was told that it had to be an LU station.

I'm virtually certain that when I tried to convert my card to auto-topup
the station I nominated was a DLR one.

nb: Converting to auto-topup might be different to getting a refund.