Old November 25th 08, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In article
,
(Mr Thant) wrote:

On 25 Nov, 10:39, Roland Perry wrote:
"Not an overseas visitor, so not the target market" I hear someone
say - but I am interested in cards like this and would notice them if
they were advertised properly.

But unless you're coming into London via one of the routes they're
sold, there's not a lot of point in you having heard of them. I think
the idea is that they're spontaneous purchases rather than something
one sets out to buy. Hopefully they are properly advertised at point-
of-sale.

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a sales outlet at Heathrow,
you'd think they could at least get the HEx offices to sell them.

It's a very gradual roll out. I don't think there's any suggestion the
system is comprehensive, which presumably also explains why there's no
wider advertising.

I also notice no deposit, just a £2 charge for the card. Sneaky!

--
Colin Rosenstiel