Old November 25th 08, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In article , (Andrew
Heenan) wrote:

wrote:
I can top up a mobile phone at a cash machine. They need to know who
I am to charge me but the phone I'm topping up may not be registered
at all and has no problem being topped up. Same with Oyster cards,
surely?

They need to know who you are - and the phone number.
Or the Oyster card number.
No difference.

Er, obviously you have to give the Oyster card number, but why a phone
number? The cash machine warns you that the money's gone anyway. No
follow-up if the top-up fails.

--
Colin Rosenstiel