Old November 25th 08, 04:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Charles Ellson wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:47:34 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

On Nov 24, 11:11*pm, D7666 wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:50 pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote

DOO mirrors are certainly fitted at all the stations on that route.

Watford / Snorbens has got mirrors but the 321 is crewed.

I seem to recall that the former Silverlink AC routes (i.e. Euston -
Northampton and Watford - St. Albans) are driver / guard operated as
the DOO mirror positions were surveyed for class 317s and needed to be
repositioned / resurveyed for use by 321s. I think that this was due to
the 317s having a side cab window, which the 321s lack (the door window
being further back than the 317 cab window). This work was never done
and so 321s remain crew operated. Several platforms have lost their
mirrors during the WCML rebuilding / platform lengthening.

The second man is there to sell the tickets on the Stahlbahns line,
isn't he ?

He is. And he's a very nice man!

tom

--
The literature is filled with bizarre occurrances for which we have
no explanation