Old November 25th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Ticket checks on bendy buses

"MIG" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 3:17 pm, David Cantrell wrote:
There have recently been a *lot* more ticket inspectors in the mornings
on the number 38 bus. Are they just blitzing this route, or is this
happening across all the free^Wbendy routes? And I think there have
been more empty seats too.

I'm wondering if it's a Boris-ism, designed to make bendies less popular
by kicking off all the freeloaders who, obviously, think they're the
best thing since sliced bread. Employing lots more ticket inspectors
could also be a cunning ruse to push the cost of bendies up so he can
show that the Borismaster isn't so expensive either.

Hurrah for ticket inspectors!

:I can only ever remember one ticket check on a bendy, and they didn't
:get past the first seat before having to stop the bus and call the
olice.

:It was since Boris as it happens.

I've seen inspectors on bendibusses for years now.