Old November 25th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:19:41 -0800 (PST) someone who may be D7666
wrote this:-

If one goes down the road of censorship i.e. by attempting to prevent
the use of certain words

I'm not sure that anyone did try and prevent the use of the N-word.
I'm not sure how they could either.

They did point out a possibly inappropriate nature of the use of the
N-word, which is rather different though I make no comment on this
particular instance. They appear to have just put forward an
opinion.

It is a point I have some sympathy for. I made a similar point when
someone described (GNER) ticket inspectors as the Gestapo. A member
of my family, now dead, had an encounter with the real Gestapo a
long time ago and they were very different to any ticket inspectors
I have ever encountered. All I will say about it is that they broke
every bone in his body. The effects (both mental and physical)
lasted until the day he died and people had to be advised what not
to do before meeting him. There was nothing even remotely amusing
about the Gestapo and it is right to point out that some comparisons
are very wide of the mark. I have zero tolerance for some
comparisons.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh