Old November 25th 08, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Ticket checks on bendy buses

"Tom Barry" wrote ...
Along with the astonishingly fast loading* and boarding passengers not
getting mixed up with people coming down the stairs to disembark, of
course. Even a relatively empty double decker suffers from that, so
heaven knows what the 38 will be like on the first week after
debendification.

The most likely successor to the bendy (depending, of course, on who wins
Route 38), is the EnviroGimmick bus, with its silly shaped windows, Harry
Potter Cupboard Under The Stairs ... and the slowest doors this side of the
Rockies.

The Citaro doors are tried, tested, reliable and fast - the Envirocrap's are
exceedingly unreliable at the best of times.

Of course there's a chance of the Gemini - door speed and reliability
somewhere in between.

Less likely, but certainly possible, is one of the Polish-built buses ...
and I've not been on enough to have a view about their unloading potential
or door function.

Luckily for the Good Folk of North East London, Routemaster2 won't be ready
to be forced upon them. In fact, it won't be ready until after the next
Mayoral election ... so we might all be spared the indignity of the
BorisBlunderBus.

--
Andrew
seo2seo.com

"When 'Do no Evil' has been understood, then learn the harder, braver rule,
Do Good." ~ Arthur Guiterman