Old November 25th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default OT - Parking in Cambridge

On 25 Nov, 17:49, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:
Apologies for the off topic post but I know that some of you are familiar
with Cambridge and I'm after a bit of advice. I'm taking my 12 year old
niece to a concert at the Corn Exchange on Saturday night, we'll be driving
up from London and then back following the concert. Anyone got any
recommendation for parking close to the Corn Exchange that's either free or
doesn't cost too much?

Cambridge is very anti-car, so they would much rather you didn't
drive. However, the alternatives aren't practical for evening visits -
the Park & Ride stops early evening so will be no good for you coming
back.

The Grand Arcade/Lion Yard car park is right next to the Corn
Exchange. Before 5pm, this is £1.80/hr, but arrive after 5pm and it's
80p/hr. That might be OK for you.

Otherwise you'll need to get lucky with an on-road parking space
that's 10-15 mins walk away, on Queens Rd, Lensfield Rd, Trumpington
Rd or similar. Do bear in mind, though, that Cambridge has a number of
routes that are blocked to through traffic (via rising bollards or
similar) so plan your route carefully!

Sam