Old December 4th 03, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page Clive Page is offline

Default Oyster Pre-pay vs Carnets

Roy Stilling wrote:
Have I got this right: will it still be cheaper to buy paper Carnets
than use Oyster Pre-pay for unpredictable usage like mine? If so,
seems to me TfL have missed the point a bit.

In article , Dave Arquati
writes

Exactly the question I was about to ask this morning...
It also pays to note that if you buy a Carnet (or several) at the
£11.50 price before January, it will remain valid for the whole of the
following year...

Yes, it seems very stupid. There must be a large number of people who
travel quite frequently, but not quite regularly enough to warrant
getting a season ticket.

I know someone who has recently bought something like 100 carnet
tickets, to last at least a few months into the new year. Perhaps TFL
don't want to encourage use of Oyster until they've had time to get the
bugs out of the system?

--
Clive Page