Old November 25th 08, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
08:47:20 on Tue, 25 Nov 2008,
remarked:

Point missed error. A taxi from Paddington to Putney plus a HEx fare
will quite possibly be more than a taxi fare from Heathrow to
Putney.

Not at all. Putney's in the same one-size-not-fitting-all as
Windsor.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. Putney is at least the same side of
Heathrow as Paddington, unlike Windsor.

But we all know that going to Putney via Paddington isn't very
sensible.

It's not that obviously insensible. It would be the quickest route by
rail, for example.

So if he's not seeing his mother, the business meeting is at the
airport?

No, he's usually in transit to or from the Middle East, or most
recently India, on his way from or back to the USA. He gives
lectures or attends academic conferences.

So the employer is happy to pay for a ticket with a stopover, but
he's not happy to pay the tube fare to Putney??

I think the cheapest fares include the stopover.

--
Colin Rosenstiel