Old November 25th 08, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
11:29:10 on Tue, 25 Nov 2008,

remarked:
Depends what you call a "problem". The railway ticket machines
haven't taken plastic until the last year (approx), and even now
it's only a few.

and that was perhaps 20 years ago. Switzerland has been fine
every time I've been there.

Whether Switzerland is fine or not, the ticket machines are not
plastic-friendly.

In both cases, I expect, I've had no problems using plastic at a ticket
office.

I think they charge you extra for buying a ticket at a manned
office (assuming there's one open).

In Switzerland? New since I lat went there, then.

And I don't speak a word of Dutch.

You do, but don't realise it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_Dutch_origin

Ho, ho. You'll be telling me I understand Hungarian next because I know
what a coach is.

--
Colin Rosenstiel