Old November 25th 08, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT - Parking in Cambridge

In article ,
(Sarah Brown) wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

Pity you're not (I assume) a member of a college - the free parking
they offer to graduates is worth its weight in gold!

I'm a Cambridge graduate, and I live in the city. Where do I sign up
for the free parking?

In never-never land, Sarah. I think it's for alumni events only.

On the OP's question I think his best compromise will be to use the Queen
Anne Terrace car park. That's 50p an hour in the evenings while Grand
Arcade is 80p.

However, Grand Arcade can be the scene of a full 1000-space car park
trying to empty all at once after events at the Corn Exchange and Arts
Theatre, leading to long queues to pay and exit from the car park. In that
time you could walk back across Parker's Piece to the Queen Anne Terrace
car park. The latter is also easy to get to from the London direction.

--
Colin Rosenstiel