Old November 26th 08, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

In article
,
(D7666) wrote:

On Nov 25, 11:58 pm, Charles Ellson
wrote:

Was the locomotive able to run on a 750V system?

ITYF that Sarah Siddons is electrically a bit more basic than a modern
locomotive and the necessary mods were mostly concerned with the
voltage rating of cable insulation

I think I have read before (in uk.railway) that all LU stock is being
or has been rewired whenever rewiring is needed to accept 750 V DC
simply as thats the standard and its cost no difference to lover vales.

anyone mentioning what was done about the motors, if anything.

AFAIK it has bog standard MV339s.

Now older 4Sub had MV339 and they were not allowed - I think - west of
Pirbright Junction because of the BOMO line nominal higher voltage
(which certainly has been explained in detail by Richard Catlow) .
EE507 4Sub - which was really all the ones that survived into the
1970s were (again I think, I am not certan) OK. Not that 4sub had much
occasion to run west of Pirbright anyway apart from possible access to
Eastleigh works.

I've been down Sole Bank in a 2-BIL. Ran OK but blew a few light bulbs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel