Old November 26th 08, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on rail to the edge of zone

wrote:
In article ,
(Andrew
Heenan) wrote:

wrote:
But what's your problem with registration?
Is it a civil liberties thing, or is there a substantive objection?

Why is security not an issue for Mobile Phones?

Huh? Who knows? Who cares?
But what's your problem with registration?
Is it a civil liberties thing, or is there a substantive objection?

I don't see why TfL should know where I've been around London. Call
that Civil Liberties if you like. I think of it as a potential abuse
of IT myself.

You are a customer of TfL. You use their service. After registration, they
record details of your use, a record which you can both access. Sounds like
a good use of IT to me. Do you also object to your bank holding details of
who has paid into your account and who has been paid by you?

I work in IT.

So what? So did I.

--
Richard J.