Old November 26th 08, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Dagenham Dock and Gateway Bridge

Mr Thant wrote:
On 26 Nov, 21:41, "Paul Scott" wrote:
If Boris's removal of these projects due to 'no identified funding'
causes the government to step in with funds, does that mean his
tactics have worked?

It's not a tactic, as far as I can tell. The T&WA rules (or possibly
TfL's own rules about making T&WAs, not sure) require you to have an
identifiable source of funding before you waste everyone's time with a
public enquiry. The timing of the postponent (just before they were
meant to submit it) says they simply couldn't find any.

I suppose then his only 'tactical' step may have been to raise the public
profile of the projects, in which case he was successful.

Amazing how many posters here and elsewhere appeared (to me anyway) to see
it purely as a 'Boris doesn't like the area' issue...

Paul