Old November 26th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
John B John B is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Nov 26, 4:51*pm, 1506 wrote:
It's just a case of agreeing with BAA how fares and revenues will work
in the first case, and of ensuring that Reading/Oxford electrification
doesn't go on the Crossrail costs in the second.

In this economic climate do we believe the politicians/treasury will
agree to funding Electrification to Oxford. *I wish, but I doubt it.

Yes, definitely. Or at least, the economic climate neither means that
the government won't be able to pay, nor that it'd be a bad idea - I
suppose it's possible that they might decide it's not politically
expedient.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org