Old November 27th 08, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Western Extension Scrapped [Congestion Charging]

Andrew Heenan wrote:
"Tom Barry" wrote ...
Boris to announce today. Bye bye public transport improvements,
hello happy petrolheads.

Happy for a week or two. Then the penny will drop.
Back to all day queues at Kensington Church Street.
Hoist With Their Own Petar.

Plus more income (and less congestion) in the original zone.

I'll make a point of not going to Kensington for my shopping, anyway.

The current scheme stays until 2010, for legal reasons, by the way.

Tom