Old November 27th 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Western Extension Scrapped [Congestion Charging]

"Tom Barry" wrote ...
I'll make a point of not going to Kensington for my shopping, anyway.
The current scheme stays until 2010, for legal reasons, by the way.

Could be a fun couple of years; I know several 'western extension' people
who loathed the congestion charge, hated Ken, and vowed to go to prison
rather than pay, etc., etc.,

But once it happened, and they realised they got a reduction, free access to
the old zone, etc., they learned to love it. Really love it.

Even Boris' BlunderBuses won't deliver the goods now - they'll really need
that open rear platform, as they'll never reach the bus stops!
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.
It is the only instrument capable