Old November 27th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail NOT making connections

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Boltar wrote:

On Nov 26, 4:51 pm, 1506 wrote:
Crossrail should take over the Hammersmith branch. But there is the

What would be the point of that?

To eliminate the flat junction at Praed Street.

It wouldn't make the service any quicker

But it would improve throughput and reliability, on both the Hammersmith
branch and the Circle.

and would reduce the number of trains on the northern part of the circle
line.

No, you'd extend the Wimblewares and run more Mets beyond Baker Street to
make up the difference.

question of a maintenance depot for the Circle Line. If the depot at

And probably a question of loading gauge too I suspect.

I *think*, but am not sure, that the H&C trains are wider and taller than
Crossrails will be. However, i think Crossrail carriages will be longer,
which increases their effective size on curves, so you could be right. And
of course they'll be much longer, which would mean platform alterations,
and the moving of the crossover at Hammersmith.

tom

--
I now have a problem with tomorrow. -- Graham