Old November 27th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Western Extension Scrapped [Congestion Charging]

"Tom Barry" wrote ...
I'd also be interested in whether that's considered to be an acceptable
method of consultation for the statutory hoops that now have to be gone
through.

I don't think there's any rules; he said he'd consult - indeed, was careful
to avoid any commitment to democratic consultation (eg local referendum).
He's consulted the Evening Standard and Andrew Gilligan - what else matters?

Oh, and finally, there was a strong majority at consultation in favour of
the Cross River Tram, and look where that went, and there's no
consultation on bendy buses at all.

Perzakkerly!
Mind you, the bendy bus ban was a manifesto commitment, so for good or ill,
no consulation was ever even considered (except Evening Standard and Andrew
Gilligan, of course!).

We (not me personally) voted for Boris; and that's exactly what we've got.
I'll take the good with the bad. Trouble is, he hasn't come up with the
good, yet.
--
Andrew
seo2seo.com

"When 'Do no Evil' has been understood, then learn the harder, braver rule,
Do Good." ~ Arthur Guiterman