Old November 28th 08, 01:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Western Extension Scrapped [Congestion Charging]

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Andrew Heenan wrote:

"Tom Barry" wrote ...

Boris to announce today. Bye bye public transport improvements,
hello happy petrolheads.

Happy for a week or two. Then the penny will drop. Back to all day
queues at Kensington Church Street. Hoist With Their Own Petar.

Plus more income (and less congestion) in the original zone.

Lager and crisps all round!

Quite. As a resident of northeast London who works in central London,
i'm happy that inner-west Londoners will be discouraged from driving
into my bit of the city, and quite content to watch them stew in
their own juice in theirs.

Stew in what juice? Most of the extension was ridiculously quiet before the
CC was extended.

There is talk of a loss of 70 million in charge revenue, though. I'd
like to see this made up by increasing the central charge, but
there's no prospect of that happening, so i suppose it'll have to
come out of the budgets for public transport, cycling, and black
lesbian mime groups or whoever it is that Boris hates this week.

Yeah, that cycle-hating *******.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph...ke_667500n.jpg
http://themotorreport.com.au/wp-cont...ing-a-bike.jpg
http://www.everydaycycling.com/web/M...ON_BIKE_DR.JPG