Old December 6th 03, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Oystercard 'price capping' not being introduced at fares revision

"umpston" wrote in message
As I posted in an earlier thread, this is daft. I understand the need to
roll-out the system gradually, as has been the case with oyster season

tickets,
in order to deal with bugs as they arise. But they should not introduce
pre-pay until the system is ready for full implementation. I don't see

much
point in buying a pre-pay with this 'interim' system.

Agreed

Doing it this way will just confuse customers and make life more difficult

for
staff.

Agreed! The training and backup has been woefully inadequate as there are
already many problems being encountered that front-line staff can't deal
with and have to refer the customer to the Oystercard helpdesk which appears
to have resourcing problems. I have raised these problems with my local
management and will be bringing it up at the next forum on 12th December.