Old November 29th 08, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...
wrote:
A question about the traffic lights:

I've noticed that some lights have a board with a white lining on its
edges, whereas others do not.

What's that about?

It was a design of traffic light introduced years ago, presumably in order
to make them easier to see. Evidently it wasn't found particularly
useful, as the requirement for the white-edged board was withdrawn. But
some lights still have them. They have no legal significance compared to
other traffic lights.
--
Richard J.

I see. I was just wondering if it meant that some could be manually
controlled, while others were completely on time automation.