Old November 30th 08, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default New London Taxi

On 30 Nov, 20:06, wrote:
I thought that the Benz Vito was simply an option, and that there are no
plans to get rid of the standard designs.

It's ultimately not up to TfL. Any manufacturer can ask TfL to approve
a design, and if it meets the specs then it's allowed. It's just up
until now, only the LTI designs have been on the list. I'd be
surprised if UK/EU competition rules allowed them to do it any other
way.

(though that makes wonder how the BorisBus will be contracted, given
there's surely only going to be one manufacturer of them)