Old November 30th 08, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

wrote in message
On hybrid sections (e.g. East Putney to Wimbledon) the 4th rail is
at +630v.

That would be the third (positive) rail. Otherwise the 'third rail'
stock wouldn't work too well...

Yes, I meant the outside rail. I was counting across with the centre as
third.

If you count in such a way that the outside ("live") rail is the fourth,
then the centre is the second. If you do it the other way so that the
centre is third, then the live rail is first!

Peter Beale