Old December 1st 08, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default New London Taxi

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Adrian wrote:

Tom Barry gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

and more risk to cyclists

Mmmm. Every London cyclist I know seems to loath bendis with a
_passion_. Usually based on a near-death-experience.

I'm pleased to offer myself as one that doesn't.

The stats show very clearly that bendy buses are no more dangerous to
cyclists than normal buses, when considered on a route basis, and may even
be substantially safer.

Bendis just plain don't fit London streets with tight junctions,
pedestrian refuges and frequent traffic lights.

I would certainly agree that there are some routes where they don't fit,
and those should perhaps be debendified or re-routed. There are also many
routes where they fit fine.

tom

--
All roads lead unto death row; who knows what's after?