Old December 1st 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default New London Taxi

"Andrew Heenan" wrote in message
wrote ...
Mercedes - Benz Vito Taxi approved earlier this year & widely reported
in I don't see what merits the TX4 has over it - other than Britain
manufacturing jobs perhaps.

I thought that the Benz Vito was simply an option, and that there are no
plans to get rid of the standard designs.

Quite right; it's a free market.
Just the Mercedes is probably better, and certainly better value than the
TX4 unless they drop their prices to planet Earth. Which they may well do,
when faced with competition.

The Mercedes can make U-turns better, one driver told me. IIRC, it is
because the rear wheels can also turn to a degree.

How much is the Mercedes compared to the TX4? I heard that the latter in a
brand new state costs around £50,000, whereas second-hand is about £35,000.