Old December 1st 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default New London Taxi

wrote:
"RobWilton" wrote in message
The current tarriff for London taxis is ridiculously overpriced & that's
because the operating costs & the price of the vehicle are far too high
"approx" £35,000,my friend who is a licensed cabby was telling me that
with the current economic downturn the first thing that the public have
cut back on is riding in cabs,why not have licensed tuc tucs working at a
fixed price betwen destinations that way three people sharing could get
arond London far cheaper then buses or trains.

They tried tuc tucs in Brighton, but it didn't work out.

My guess is that HSE would have something to say about tuc tucs plying
London streets.

Given my (admittedly limited) experience of the things in Thailand, HSE
would have a point. It would be political correctness being perfectly
sane, etc etc.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK